Finally almost able to see the light at the end of the wintery tunnel! While it is starting to get lighter out and you are starting to get back into a routine, it is a good time to talk about the importance of routine in your child’s life. January has been a difficult month for many of our children due to the cold weather and lack of consistency with school. Children thrive on routine and can become very disorganized when their routine gets disrupted. We can help them our children out by trying to keep them on as much of a routine as possible. Here are some helpful tips for school vacations or any more snow days.
- Get them up at the same time.
- Have them get dressed and eat breakfast like they are getting ready for their day.
- Try to incorporate some fine motor or academic activity during the day.
- Give them lunch at the same time they would at school.
- Make sure you continue with your same nighttime routine even if you know that they will not have school on the next school day.
Hope this helps with some difficulties you may be seeing!! Have a wonderful day!